St. Clement Orthodox Church is a parish of the Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Diocese of the U.S.A., Canada and Australia, with its headquarters in New York City.
The Diocese includes 25 parishes and two monasteries. The parishes are diverse in background; some are comprised mostly of recent immigrants from Bulgaria, others mainly of second- and third-generation Americans of Macedonian heritage, and others of American converts to Orthodox Christianity. In each parish, the language of worship reflects the background of the majority of parishioners.
The first parish was formed in 1907 in Madison, Illinois.The Diocese was organized by the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church in 1938.